Thursday, March 20, 2008

Copper Country?

I've always been drawn to copper- it's warm, inviting, gorgeous... it has purported health benefits, facilitates communication, brings us warm showers... But for me it has personal meaning. My mother's family came here from Lebanon, and moved from Beirut to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, known as Copper Country.

I have a blog for my fine art website, but I wanted to create something a little more personal for my jewelry and etsy site. A place to share techniques, ideas, and musings. I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to comment. Feedback is always welcome.
To get going, here are a few images of my most recent pieces. I'm experimenting with a few different patinas right now- on the left is a salt/ammonia patina, the right is just a heat patina. I have some "triangle dangles" in an ammonia fume bath right now, hoping for a nice blue. I'll keep you posted!!

No comments: