Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hiking the Narrows

My studio, artwork and jewelry have all been on the back burner lately... We just got back from the best trip- to Utah! My best friend lives in Salt Lake City with her husband, so we went to visit. From SLC we drove 4 hours down to Zion National Park which is GORGEOUS and rediculously hot.
On the 4th, we hiked in the Narrows, a section of canyon along the Virgin river. We rented special shoes and socks becuase we were in cold water for 5+ hours. Loved every minute of it, and crashed at the end of the day.

I highly recommend this trip!!
And for my niece, Meagan, who is the biggest fan of High School Musical, here is a pic of us in front of the actual high school they film at. Its in SLC, just down the street from my friend!

We are also STILL finishing up my new studio in the basement, so I'm in transition. No new art. The plan for today is to clean out and organize the old studio because my husband promises the new one will be done next month. I'll hold my breath.... and in the meantime we're heading to Northern Michigan for a relaxing weekend at the family cottage.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! Your trip looks awesome. We only got to go to the beach for 3 days this summer :(

BTW did you get ink on your arm? I didn't know you had more tattoos!