Thursday, October 16, 2008

Long Time!

It's been a while!! I've been very busy prepping for the fall semester (Teaching 3 classes this semester is proving very time-consuming), and getting ready for a lecture I'm presenting tomorrow at the MACAA conference in Indianapolis. I was asked to be on a panel called "Spirit in the Material World," and my lecture is called Neither One, Nor Many. I'll be talking about my artwork, my influences, and how art-making relates to my spiritual practice. Wish me luck!!






A big congrats to my friends Emily and Andy at City Bird- nominated by Metro Times as the best way to display Detroit pride! I've often given their products as gifts, and people love them. Here's the writeup:


"BEST WAY TO DISPLAY DETROIT PRIDE: City Bird At various metro Detroit locations and online at ilovecitybird.com The hype surrounding these crafty siblings has been hard to miss — they've been lionized in a handful of local publications and even got a brief mention in The New York Times as an example of how the young, smart and creative can thrive in Detroit, despite the hordes of twentysomethings that throw off their caps and gowns only to head to the ostensibly greener pastures of cities like Chicago and New York. But Emily and Andy Linn don't just live in Detroit; they've made a business promoting the city they love. Since 2005, they've transformed a simple map of Detroit into a badge of local pride by sticking it on their handcrafted goodies, which include everything from soaps and clocks to plates and jewelry. Their handmade goods can even be purchased at shops in New York and Chicago where surviving while young and hip is not such a big deal, but where Detroit-refugees still want to show some absentee pride."


Go City Bird!!


No comments: