Tuesday, March 24, 2009

...and we're back!

My first quilt!!
The quilt is finished, and I'm really pleased with it. It's not perfect, but that wasn't the goal. A big thanks to Jen for helping me work it all out. 3 weeks of bedrest, done! Only 5 weeks more? we'll see. Apologies to those of you who were waiting on the edge of your seat to the see the finished quilt... (ha!) but my internet has been acting up. Perfect timing, when I have absolutely nothing to do. But we have temporarily fixed the problem, as much as we can without leaving me completely disconnected from the outside world.

I have also finished my first T-shirt to infant gown project! Thanks to This Mama Makes Stuff for the idea and the pattern! The first gown was Courtney's Dr. Pepper T-shirt that I had "borrowed." But he loved the outcome so much that he went to Salvation Army and picked up 5 more shirts for me to convert. Here is proud papa Courtney with the gown-

Also, I have been busy creating those bibs and burp cloths for Julie's fundraiser. I made a baker's dozen of each and she sold a good number of them at a craft fair this weekend. Here's a pic of the last set, a fun pink and yellow paisley design. Too cute! If you want a set, let me know and I will hook you up! lindsaysatchell@gmail.com

Coming soon... pics of the painting I made this weekend (nothing special, but a return to watercolors) and the new cards that I've been promising. They are great and I can't wait to list them in my shop.

OK, off to work on more baby gowns. Maybe the Cuba tshirt, maybe the Detroit Tigers 2005 shirt, or maybe the "Happy Birthday, Daddy" one in bright yellow. We'll see!

No comments: