Monday, March 2, 2009

I heart my sewing machine!!

My newest obsession- sewing. I inherited my grandma's sewing machine (a Sears Kenmore from roughly 1965?) when she passed away several years ago. Mostly, it has spent time in storage. But no more!! It is now the focus of my day!! I have been sewing my heart out, and enjoying every minute of it. I have learned a lot just playing around and trying new things. Nothing too fancy or advanced, but I'm proud of what I've produced.

There are lots of good patterns and tutorials out there on the internet. First, I got patterns from www.LilPeasandCarrots.etsy.com for bibs and a pinafore. Too cute! She has lots of great stuff in her store.

I've also made some burp cloths, wipes and even baby legwarmers! I found the legwarmer tutorial here: http://everythingyourmamamade.com/2008/01/21/make-your-own-baby-leg-warmers/


Sew..... that's what I've been up to. I should be receiving my new yoga cards soon and will be posted the variety packs in my store. Look for them!! And if you put "Blog Reader" in the notes to seller, I'll give you 15% off a pack!

No comments: