Friday, March 6, 2009

On Being Content

Life is always full of surprises, and I've learned that the best way to deal with change is to be content with whatever comes your way. Funny how change is consistent and dependable...

Anyway, I've been put on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy- 10 weeks. And I want to be really mad about it, but I'm forcing myself to view it as an opportunity. First, to do what's best for baby. Second, to do things I otherwise "wouldn't have time for." And third, to develop patience and contentment in a potentially frustrating situation.

My husband moved my sewing machine upstairs so that I can continue my obsession. He has also created a temporary studio so I can paint and draw. Now there really is no excuse! I will make it a goal to post my creations as they develop. Maybe a painting, maybe a sewn item... we'll see.

Hopefully some new yoga images; it's been a while. I had a beautiful reminder about what yoga means - I complained to my teacher that now I'd have to give up yoga being on bedrest. He gently reminded me that Yoga is just Breathing, and I can certainly do that on bedrest! ahhhh.

No comments: