Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do Less.

These past few weeks living with my in-laws while we wait until we can move to SC and join back up with all of our belongings has given me great perspective on what we actually need.  We have about 10% of our stuff with us and guess what?
That's all we need. 


Good thing there's a Goodwill store about a mile from our house.

One of my favorite blogs, Zen Habits, has great tips on simplifying your life. And yesterday's blog, the best goal is no goal  had the same message as the book I'm currently reading:


...which happens to have the same message as the lecture I'm currently transcribing (Lama Marut's commentary on the Ashtavakra Gita).  That message is:


DO LESS.  


I don't have to do a bunch of stuff. There's already plenty to do naturally, just keep going. Don't add to the pile with loads of stuff and hobbies and meaningless relationships.  Do what you're passionate about, take care of your friends and family, and the rest will fall into place. 


Okay, I'm listening.  Yoga, art, family, friends. Got it. Anyone else experimenting with simplifying?

No comments: