Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Art Every Day- Day 21

OK, here it is! I finished up that fabric chain garland today. I don't know why I'm so into making holiday decor (more projects to follow...), it's not like me! Maybe because it's a good excuse to sew! A few pics of the garland quickly thrown up on the mantel:

And I'm super excited to share a project I've been working on for a few weeks now!  I was asked to design a logo for the lovely Andy, owner of Yogaahhh...LLC in Anderson, SC.  Isn't that a great name? As in, "yoga, ahhh..." She asked me to create two poses as well as the font. I had a great time working with her and discovering all that we have in common. We're both SC transplants from MI, and both had babies this past July, and know a few of the same yoga folks from back home. So thank you, Andy, for the opportunity to create more art, and for being such a fun email pal!

2 comments:

Andy said...

I am sooo in love with it. It is absolutely perfect. I have been able to really enjoy the hot, hot summers here and have a driveway yoga practice in the summer that has been such a joy, which is how the name Yogaahhh... developed. I have a group of friends that come over a couple times a month for some Follow the Yogi with me. And no matter WHAT we do in the practice - subdued flow, crazy hard flow, play with workshopping specific asanas - we'd get done and we'd always be like... Yeah, we did yogaaaaahhhhhhhh. It's that lovely complete feel of energized calm. Every time. That is what I hope to impart in my studio. And thank you for creating the first step in giving that to people.

Lindsay Satchell said...

It was my pleasure and an honor...