Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Art Every Day- Day 30

Well, today is the last day of "Art Every Day Month." A big thank-you to everyone who gave me support and encouragement. You don't know how much it means to me.

Don't worry, I'm not going to stop making art. And I'll keep posting about it. I've learned that it is actually pretty easy to carve out time to do what's important. Decide what you're going to do, and just do it. I challenge everyone who followed me through this to pick one thing that you'd like to do more of (or that would be good for you to do more of!) and commit to do a little of it every day for a month. Too long? Do a week.  My next challenge is a daily meditation practice.  My practice is spotty at best.  One's practice has to be consistent to have any real benefit. So that's my next goal- first a week, then a month of every day meditation. Maybe I'll blog about it!

So here is today's art. It's a collaboration with my son. He was painting and I loved what he created, so I scanned it, mirrored it and adjusted the color. There's something really delicate and beautiful about it. Like butterfly wings that turned into flowers. It really moves me, I think it is just so intensely beautiful. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: