Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello!  Happy 2012, Y'all!  It's been a busy year so far, hasn't it? I wanted to share a few things with you so far.  Even though I'm not doing the "Art Every Day" challenge, I still want to post fairly regularly to share what I'm creating. But let's start with what my friend Helen created!!


I met Helen when we were both graduate students at Wayne State University, and always loved her easy brushstrokes and gentle depictions of children and animals. I asked her to create this beautiful painting for me to give to my dad for Christmas. She painted him on top of his World Champion reigning horse, "Smartest."  Helen's work is amazing - check it what she's doing in her Etsy shop - Oil and Water Studios. Thanks, Helen!!

Next, I wanted to share with you the logo I created for Sage Yoga Center in Abilene, TX.  I really enjoyed creating an image to help represent their studio. They offer yoga, counseling, massage and much more.  The owner, Debbie, gave me free reign to create pretty much whatever I wanted so I focused on the sage plant itself. It was a pleasure to create, and I wish Sage Yoga Center all the best!!

I also thought I'd share one of my favorite pieces I've done in the past few years. I just hung it up in the house a few weeks ago, and it makes me smile every time I see it. It's a little piece, only 10" tall, on 2" thick wood. I used a French Curve stencil and a large wooden button (my grandmother's) to make the flowers. I don't think I'll ever sell this one... it needs to stay here at home with mama. 
More coming soon... stay tuned!!

No comments: