Monday, February 13, 2012

Meditation Every Day

Almost 2 years ago I blogged about Labyrinths.  Read here if you'd like a refresher on what this wonderful meditation tool is all about.

During our crazy week of sickness, I was still able to keep my commitment of meditation every day this month. I don't think I shared this yet, so allow me to catch up. I decided that the "Art Every Day" in November went so well that I'd try another month doing something I wanted to do more regularly. My meditation practice has been spotty, at best, for years. But what "Art Every Day" taught me was that you only need to do something for a few minutes to keep a commitment and it keeps the energy moving. It snowballs, building on itself. By the end of the month, you can look back and say, "I did it. Every day. Yay."

On Day 2, I came across Sharon Salzberg's 28 day Meditation Challenge. So I signed up, and I've tweeted a bit about it. And I've kept it up!  Some days I only get 3 minutes in, but that's fine! Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Last week was gorgeous, so I went to my local labyrinth to do a walking meditation. This little town I live in is doesn't have much, but it DOES have a labyrinth! Here are some pics. It's one of the few visuals I can offer during my "Meditation Every Day" month. Enjoy.



No comments: