Thursday, July 5, 2012

Circle Series

OK, here they are! I'm really excited about this new series. Circles have long been important to me. When I was making sculpture, most had circular forms. My drawings have almost always included circles. There's something about the perfection of a circle (Aristotle agreed!) that feels good to me. It's complete, it never ends, it symbolizes both fullness and emptiness at the same time. 

Another aspect of this series is the organic repetition of form. Like corn growing on a cob or pebbles piling together along a shore, I'm really interested in how things grow together and exist side-by-side.

This series also is a study in color mixing and neutrals.

I'll be adding them to my Etsy shop soon. I'm selling the originals; no prints will be available. They're truly one-of-a-kind! If you're interested and would like me to reserve one before they get listed, send me an email at: lindsaysatchell@gmail.com

"Tiles"
SOLD


"Bricks"

"Stones"


"Streets"

"Blocks"



No comments: